Will and Katie's Worship One, Serve One story:
1) WHERE do you serve on Sunday mornings? We teach 1st Grade.
2) WHY do you serve on Sunday mornings? We want to help out and get to know other families in our church. Also, we have three kids in Rivertree Kids and we want to be a part of what they’re doing. We’re thankful for all of our kids’ teachers and wanted to give back and pour into other little ones.
3) WHY did you choose Rivertree Kids? We chose this ministry because it’s a place where we both could serve together and grow in Christ. It’s a place where our family could benefit as well - both from the teaching that we have to prepare for each week as well as the discussion that it leads to around our dinner table. We want our marriage and the way we serve to make the Gospel known!
4) HOW have you been equipped to serve? By the Holy Spirit! We have a desire to see hearts and minds trained and equipped to know Jesus. Also by the great lesson plans Kasi sends out each week. There are always several options for how to teach the story and she gives us the tools and materials we need. We also enjoy talking to other teachers to get creative ideas.
5) WHAT have you learned by serving? It has stretched us to learn how to put deep stories into simple terms. It has helped us learn how to pull out the key point of a story and explain how it points to Jesus. We’ve also been amazed to see how smart the children are and how much they love Jesus at a young age! We knew the kids and families at Rivertree were amazing, but now we really know!
6) WHAT impact do you feel you have made by serving? The impact is this: each time we teach we get to share the Gospel and our lives with the kids and with each other. We get to help the kids and each other know Jesus more intimately. But that means we have to constantly think of new and creative ways of how to make Jesus known to the hearts and minds of 1st graders. It’s really quite refreshing because as we teach we also benefit from having to think about Jesus in new and fresh ways.
7) HOW has serving in Rivertree Kids impacted you? It has made us better parents and teachers! Also experiencing the worship in River Rock and seeing how much the kids love it has inspired us to do more worship at home. We love our grown-up friends at Rivertree and are so thankful to now have little friends to know and love too!